Science for the Christian is the study of God’s creation. The exploration of the creation should yield a direct appreciation for the creative work of God. What can be known of God we know through the creation (For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse – Romans 1:20), but the fallen nature of man and his frequent rebellion to acknowledge a Creator hinder this. Students will continually be called on to see the divine order of creation and its implications for other subjects, able to manage the created world according to what God has planned in the beginning, and will be stirred to think about the work of an infinitely loving, good God who has prepared a place for us to live temporally and eternally.
Students will study Skeleton, Rainforest, Float and Sink, Reptiles.
Textbooks and Resources
- Skeleton Teacher’s Guide & Resource Tub
- Rainforest Teacher’s Guide & Resource Tub
- Float and Sink Teacher’s Guide & Resource Tub
- Reptiles Teacher’s Guide & Resource Tub
- Photo copy masters
4 hours a week
- Float and Sink
Areas to be evaluated:
- Homeworks assignments, preparation for class, daily tasks participation, written tests
- Individual and group projects
- Experiments and application of the scientific process