We believe that God calls us to be creatures who communicate through language, based on His example of communicating with us through His revealed Word, the Bible. In the Bible, God employs many forms of literature, including stories and poetry, to instruct us in His character and expectations of us. Therefore we believe it is important for students to learn to communicate clearly and effectively through language, as well as to develop a love of God¡¯s Word and an appreciation for the gifts of the spoken and written word. Students should master grammar, spelling, and other writing conventions, as well as learn how to comprehend spoken and written words, to think critically about them, and to respond clearly and thoughtfully through writing and discussion.
Student will learn reading strategies, structural analysis, phonics review, vocabulary, spelling, grammar, writing, listening, speaking, and viewing.
Textbooks and Resources
- Houghton Mifflin Reading Theme 1 – Off to Adventure!
- Houghton Mifflin Reading Theme 2 – Celebrating Traditions
- Houghton Mifflin Reading Theme 3 – Incredible Stories
- Houghton Mifflin Reading Theme 4 – Animal Habitats
- Houghton Mifflin Reading Theme 5 – Voyagers
- Houghton Mifflin Reading Theme 6 – Smart Solutions
50 minutes, 5 days per a week