God created humans with a rational and inquiring mind. He blessed them with the ability to count, tell time and make change. In mathematics we will explore and develop this God given gift systematically. As the Bible says”precept upon precept, line upon line…” ( Isaiah28:10), students will systematically build up there knowledge of mathematics. As they learn the different disciplines of mathematics students will recognize the logic and order God imbued in the world and by implication that God is a God of logic and order. They will develop a greater understanding and appreciation of God through their study of mathematics.
Scott Foresman – Addision Wesley Mathematics.
- Problem of study
- Students books additional practice, enrichment, problem sheet for each lesson taught.
Cubes, cuisinaire ods, addition&subtraction cards, colored counters, dice, addition & subtraction, time and money, games, coins & money notes, shapes, rulers, capacity containers, balances & weight, clocks.
45 minutes per day, 5 days per week
- Fact strategies for addition & subtraction for single digit, 2– digit, 3 -digit numbers
- Place value to 100 and money
- Numbers to 1000. place value and numbers patterns
- Geometry – solid figures & plane shapes
- Time : telling time, using a calendar
- Data problem solving strategy
- Measurement : length, capacity, weight & temperature
- Probability : multiple step problems
- Understanding multiplication & division
- Daily – by observation
- Diagnostic checkpoints & chapter tests